Protective equipment is there to protect players against injury and should be used wherever possible.
Protective equipment includes personal equipment such as mouth guards and headgear as well as equipment such as padding around goal posts.
Protective Equipment For Sports Should:
- Fit well
- Be comfortable
- Be used for the intended purpose
- Be worn at practices and matches
- Not restrict movement in the sport
- Measures To Keep In Mind While Buying Protective Equipment
- Buy sport approved protective equipment
- Don’t alter the equipment as this will reduce its effectiveness
- Replace worn out damaged or defective equipment
- Make sure that the equipment complies with the laws of the sport
- Avoid sharing protective equipment between players of different sizes
- Make sure equipment is not a risk to others